Precision Overhead Garage Door Service of Las Vegas is here to meet all your garage door sensor needs. For garage door sensor replacement, repair, installation, and troubleshooting, call us anytime, 24/7, at 702-637-2700 today!
All Brands of Garage Door Sensors Repaired
Precision Door Service is proud to serve homeowners in Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder, Summerlin, Sun City, and anywhere in The Valley. Garage doors have many important parts built to endure frequent use, but which wear out over time. The sensors are among the most overlooked. Yet, they are critical for safety. Garage door opener sensors prevent a heavy panel from crushing an object that’s in the way or from the door being damaged by closing on an obstruction.
Older sensors rely on mechanical action, or the garage door touching a physical object before reversing. Newer photoelectric sensors detect objects with an invisible beam of light. If the beam is broken, the system can automatically reverse the door. A malfunction can occur due to a faulty sensor, loose wires, or other problems. Our licensed technicians can troubleshoot and diagnose the problem quickly and provide garage door sensor repair so your home, family, and pets as well as your car and other belongings remain safe and secure.
What Are Garage Door Sensors?
Modern garage door sensors are usually small photoelectric optical devices on either side of the door, which are attached to the garage door opener system. On one side, an infrared beam of light is emitted from a device that sits about four inches above the floor. An uninterrupted beam is directed at a receiver on the opposite side.
When the sensors are working properly, a closing garage door will respond if anything breaks the path of the light beam. The safety system triggers if that object is a car, a person’s leg, a child, or a dog. Once an obstruction is detected, the garage door will automatically stop and reverse.
Signs of a Defective or Damaged Garage Door Sensor
If a garage door closes on an obstruction, it can cause a crushing injury, severe damage to your vehicle, or itself be damaged or destroyed in the process. Sensors are designed to prevent this, but they can malfunction. Call a technician for garage door repair if you notice any symptoms such as:
- The garage door suddenly stops and reverses for no apparent reason.
- After the garage door opens, it will not close on command.
- Lights are flashing on the sensors or from an overhead component.
You can also check for these common causes:
- Sensors that are out of alignment, whether due to vibration or being knocked to the side by an object or person. In some cases, you can adjust the mounting with a screwdriver (slotted or Phillips head), so the photocell system functions normally again.
- Dirt on the infrared beam emitter or the receiving sensor. A buildup of dirt, dust, and grime can break the beam of light, but an all-purpose cleaner and paper towels are enough to clear the lenses.
- The receiving sensor is directly exposed to sunlight. This is a rare occurrence, but it can trick the system into thinking the sensor beam is blocked; ensuring the sensors are properly shaded will fix the problem.
- The garage door will close only when you push the wall button or remote control. This could be due to a sensor malfunction, an old/faulty sensor, a misalignment, loose wire, or something blocking the beam.
Garage Door Sensor Repair and Replacement
Fixing infrared garage door sensors yourself can be tricky. They must not be exposed to direct sunlight and you need to disconnect power before working on them. At Precision Door Service of Las Vegas, we repair and replace all brands of garage door sensors. Sometimes the problem is with the extension wires. Our trained technicians can look for installation issues, a loose wire, or potential voltage drops, which can indicate a pinched wire.
Our certified service technicians can provide garage door sensor repair quickly, as well as dependable garage door sensor replacement. Fixing or replacing a faulty sensor is generally a simple job. A 2-hour fast response time for most calls means you will be free of the inconvenience; the safety your garage and home will be quickly restored.
Las Vegas Valley customers depend on us to repair and replace garage door opener sensors from leading brands including Liftmaster, Amarr, Craftsman, Genie, Raynor, Wayne-Dalton, Clopay, Overhead, Marantec, Chamberlain, and many others.
Contact Precision Garage Door of Las Vegas
If you live in the Las Vegas area, you can depend on our licensed technicians for garage door sensor repair and replacement. We work with all brands of garage door sensors. Our fast response time means your peace of mind and safety will be restored quickly; live operators are available 24/7 and same-day service is available across The Valley. Quality of service is guaranteed while we offer competitive pricing and free quotes. Call us toll-free at 866-265-4824 or direct at 702-637-2700 in Las Vegas.